Travel agencies in Utah can book a great trip to Europe. The following are a list of must see locations in four European capitals to see when you are there:
- The Colosseum – The Roman Colosseum is the largest amphitheater ever built. It was constructed between the years 72 AD and 80 AD by the Roman emperors Vespasian and Titus. It is estimated the Colosseum could hold between 50,000 and 80,000 people.
- The Vatican – Vatican City is the home of the Roman Catholic Pope and the headquarters of the Roman Catholic Church. Notable locations in Vatican City include St. Peter’s Basilica, the Apostolic Palace and St. Peter’s Square.
- The Louvre – The Louvre is the largest art museum in the world. The building was originally the residence of French Kings and currently holds many famous works of art including the Mona Lisa.
- Versailles – Versailles Palace located outside of Paris was the residence of French Kings built originally by King Louis XIV. It was built in order to remove the French monarchy from the pressures associated with the mob and aristocracy in Paris.
- Buckingham Palace – Buckingham Palace is the current residence of the monarchy for the United Kingdom. It has held this distinction since the reign of Queen Victoria in 1837.
- Big Ben – Big Ben is a famous clock tower in the center of London connected to the Palace of Westminster which is the home of the Houses of the Parliament of the United Kingdom.
- The Brandenburg Gate – The Brandenburg Gate is a monument built in the neo-classical style. It was built by King Fredrick William II in the 1730s.
- The Reichstag – The Reichstag Building is the current and former home of the German Parliament.
These are but a few sights to see when travel agencies in Utah book you a trip to Europe.